Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Remembering my buddies

I was looking at the torn pictures of my high school classmates when I realized I haven’t heard from them in a long time. After graduation, we all drew apart and walked our own paths. I don’t really have close friends back in high school. I envy those people who have a circle of friends who they can call in the middle of the night just for a quick stroll in the graveyard, or friends who goes to their house on unholy hours and dig up all the food in the fridge, which, by the way, their mom was saving up for the weekend party.

I wish to have a clique just like that. But, don’t get me wrong. I’m not unfriendly or have a communicable disease. I easily get along with people and I can crack a joke in perfect timing. I just don’t know why I can’t keep friends forever.

So, as I was looking at our old photos, a thought came to me. Why don’t I dig up my old friends and know what they are up to these days. And so, I plunge in a thorough research and here’s what I found out:

Vince: He lived across our house. We used to carpool back then and share our things; we even shared a girlfriend once. We last saw each other in 1995. From what I heard, he’s a print and ad model today and have came out in some TV commercials. He still got a lot of girls and can’t manage to pick one to be his wife. That lucky bastard!

James: The sporty guy. The only thing I can remember about him is basketball. He’s one of the varsity players in school, and the only guy I always have a brawl with. The last thing I heard, he’s a pastor at some Christian church now.

Robin: The guitar guy. You can never see this guy in campus without his guitar in hand. He’s the best guitarist I have met in my entire life. From what they say, he plays at a cruise ship today. I think he’s already married.

Francis and John: My best mates in high school, who change girlfriends same way they change their shirts. They never seem to lose girls in their palms. I see Francis every now and then; he’s currently having his residency in one of the hospitals in town. As for John, I got no news of him.

I just realized that my friends are just my fleeting companions in my daily existence. They shape my potentials; they love me; they hurt me; they influence me; they keep me on the ground; they just come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment